FORUMS: list search recent posts

Suggestions on speeding up renders of generators from Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Suggestions on speeding up renders of generators from Motion?
on Feb 5, 2016 at 10:23:37 pm

Folks, I really like being able to make generators in Motion and use them in FCP X, but the render times for that are so much slower that I don't know if the convenience of the generators trumps the speed of just exporting from Motion.

It'd much faster for me to work in Motion, export a quicktime and import that into FCP X.

I don't have any particle emitters or replicators. I just have a simple graphics with what I am dealing with at the moment.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Suggestions on speeding up renders of generators from Motion?
on Feb 6, 2016 at 4:05:18 am

You would only want to make it a generator if it's something you're going to use repeatedly. Otherwise, yes, of course just render it from inside Motion. The biggest problem with rendering something like that inside FCP is that after a lengthly render, if you then decide to then add a title over it or scale it back or adjust it in some way it has to completely rerender. If it were just a single clip, no big deal, but a big motion comp with motion blur, reflections, 3D and all that is extremely inefficient to work with when you have to keep rendering it for various reasons.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]