FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Names in Multicam Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Whittemore
File Names in Multicam Clips
on Feb 2, 2016 at 1:44:43 am

Hi there,

Quick question, hopefully its something obvious I'm overlooking. When I import clips into FCPX I rename them. For example "Clientname-Cam1-001, Clientname-Cam2-001, etc". However when I create a multicam clip, inside the MC clip the clip names are what they were before I named them (what the camera named them). Am I missing something? I would rename the clips on the Finder side, but if I'm working with AVCHD I'd rather not mess with the file structure. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: File Names in Multicam Clips
on Feb 2, 2016 at 3:19:49 am

Are you sure you're changing the actual clip name metadata as the camera sees it vs the file name.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Matt Whittemore
on Feb 2, 2016 at 11:58:31 am

I'm going to the inspector's info pane and changing the names of the clips.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Feb 2, 2016 at 7:48:25 pm

Hmm. When you select two or more clips to create a multicam, X automatically brings up a dialog box where you can name/rename the new Multicam clip. That's your opportunity to name the new multicam clip—but it will not affect the name of the underlying clips. (Although you can rename those at anytime as well).

Return to posts index

Matt Whittemore
on Feb 2, 2016 at 7:51:37 pm

It's not the name of the multicam clip itself that my issue is with, but the clips inside them, when I open the multicam clip in the timeline. Sometimes I need to find a specific clip that resides in the multicam clip, and it's name does not match its name in the browser.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Feb 2, 2016 at 10:39:02 pm

Hmm. That is odd. You sure you're actually renaming the file name and not a different metadata attribute like a keyword or something?

Return to posts index

Matt Whittemore
on Feb 2, 2016 at 10:51:59 pm

Positive. I bulk change the names in the settings. I also make sure I change the angles names, etc.

Return to posts index

Michael Hadley
on Feb 2, 2016 at 11:10:54 pm

Dang. That is strange. Wish I had more to say other than file a bug report/feature request.

Return to posts index

Matt Whittemore
on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:27:51 am

The problem seemed to go away after the most recent FCPX update. Problem solved!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]