FORUMS: list search recent posts

Power Point slides look sharp until I play on the timeline ,then they blur just a little.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
Power Point slides look sharp until I play on the timeline ,then they blur just a little.
on Jan 30, 2016 at 3:26:23 am

I'm rendering to see how a .mov looks, but any help to keep the graphics sharp would be appreciated.

This is for a webinar, so, small screens.

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Power Point slides look sharp until I play on the timeline ,then they blur just a little.
on Jan 30, 2016 at 4:41:16 am

Are you playing back as better quality or better performance? Sounds like the latter which lessens the quality a little for much better RT playback.

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Power Point slides look sharp until I play on the timeline ,then they blur just a little.
on Jan 31, 2016 at 8:51:18 pm

It's under the View dropdown menu at the top right. Choose Better Quality.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Patrick Donegan
on Feb 1, 2016 at 5:08:36 am

I have noticed that PPT slides look blurring while playing until they get rendered.

FCP X 10.2.2 - user since FCP 1.25
iMac mid 2011, MBA mid 2012
HVX-200, Shure wireless mic

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 1, 2016 at 2:23:32 pm

You already got the most likely answers, but, I'll be the one to ask: how are the slides set up/generated?

Did you have powerpoint export a movie file or individual stills, and if stills, what frame size and format?

When I'm doing these (in fact, doing one today), I pre-format the slides from 3:4 to already be 16:9 (Surprising, how many users don't know you can change that, and they do horrible stretches instead to fit a frame), apply drop shadows on the bare text lines to make them read better, and I output full HD size .tif files.

I also always make one extra slide that's just a bare background in the same style as the original slides - makes it easier to do fixes later.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Feb 1, 2016 at 2:31:36 pm

Thanks Everyone!

Mark, These were individual jpeg files. I wasn't the one exporting them, so I can't really answer much more.

This will be a 4:3 presentation and that's the way the slides are formatted.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]