FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Clip command in timeline creates duplicate markers in Timeline Index

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Replace Clip command in timeline creates duplicate markers in Timeline Index
on Jan 28, 2016 at 2:38:46 am

Anyone notice that when you use Replace Clip command in timeline, Project creates duplicate markers in Timeline Index? Behavior happens if replacing clip gesturally or with hot key, with multicams or stand alone clips.

Our show is very Timeline Index marker dependent so we are often updating meta data in source clips then swapping them out for their old instance in timelines. As a work around we replace the timeline clip with a gap and then do a replace clip command. This makes duplicate marker issue go away, though it would be nice if we could just replace clip without this extra step, especially cumbersome updating longer timelines.

Any ideas as always appreciated.

Cheers

MA

Harvest the compromises...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Replace Clip command in timeline creates duplicate markers in Timeline Index
on Jan 28, 2016 at 10:07:14 pm

I haven't noticed this, but I think it has to do with where the markers are created.

If they are created in the Browser, they duplicate. If you created the marker in the timeline, match frame back to the orig clip, then replace, the timeline marker is not duplicated.

If you keep replacing, the marker keeps getting duplicated, and so does the keyword. All the instances of the marker show up in an XML.

I would report this to Apple, seems kinda buggy.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Angelo
Re: Replace Clip command in timeline creates duplicate markers in Timeline Index
on Mar 15, 2016 at 1:57:23 am

Hi Jeromy,

We use markers extensively in the timeline index and often find things we would like to fix. We match to the clip in the event, fix it there so the fix propagates through out our pipeline, then need to replace the clip in the timeline with the fixed clip.

Yah it's a bug and have reported it. Appreciate you taking a peak.

Cheers

MA

Harvest the compromises...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]