FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternative to using Wave Agent for track info?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Alternative to using Wave Agent for track info?
on Jan 25, 2016 at 10:38:36 pm

Has anyone come across a means to get track info into FCP X. I have to use Wave Agent to see the track info for poly audio files; things like character names for the mics.

It'd be helpful for FCP X to be able to see that info as well so I don' have to rename the channel info in FCP X.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Alternative to using Wave Agent for track info?
on Jan 26, 2016 at 12:08:29 pm

Not sure if it's relevant for you, but if you have matching tc across audio and video, sync-n-link X does an awesome job of handling audio metadata, as well as syncing audio to video via tc.

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link-X/

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 26, 2016 at 3:45:03 pm

This is not relevant to what I am asking, but thank you. I am aware of sync-n-link, but haven't yet used it.

I just would like FCP X to see the info that the sound person put in the audio file. In my case, each channel of a poly file is labeled with the character name. Importing that into FCP X does not show that. It only show generic naming. I have to use Wave Agent to see it.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 26, 2016 at 5:38:29 pm

[Tangier Clarke] " I have to use Wave Agent to see it."

I understand.

Sync-n-link does read that metadata, and then sends it over to FCPX via FCPXML with the data embedded to the components. You were asking for an alternative, Sync-n-link is that alternative.

For instance, here's a poly file imported into FCPX:

Here's that same clip, after I have exported an XML, processed and reimported the XML in sync-n-link (you can use audio only clips) that has the metadata created by the sound department, with all the components named, and tagged with subroles, so in your case, each character would have their own subrole under the "Dialogue" parent Role:

Here's the interface and the options I chose:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]