FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update coming?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Update coming?
on Jan 21, 2016 at 1:37:35 am

Yesterday iMovie, today Logic. Looks like some house cleaning going on...

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
Re: Update coming?
on Jan 21, 2016 at 2:11:47 am

We're due.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jan 21, 2016 at 2:32:40 am

You'll take nothing and like it!!!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 21, 2016 at 2:48:03 am

This feels like the longest wait. Is this the longest wait?

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Jan 21, 2016 at 3:01:30 am

The last feature update was April 13, 2015. That's 282 days and counting, thanks to Richard Taylor's FCPX.TV web site.

http://fcpx.tv/Pages/fcpxdecupdate.html

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 21, 2016 at 3:17:27 am

Wow. OK.

It feels like a long wait because it's been....a long wait.

Here's to NAB 2020!

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 27, 2016 at 5:16:22 pm

I would be so happy for Apple to build in batch syncing; more so than batch exporting, but I'd like that too.

It frustrates me to have to use a third party tool to do batch syncing (PluralEyes, Woowave Dreamsync, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro) and yet none of them do it fully they way I'd like.

Of course there's other features I'd like, but that's a big one and it eludes me why Apple didn't build that in when other competitive apps have it.

Then again there's a lot of features other apps have FCP X still doesn't but (at least for me) their not big enough or useful enough for me to switch from FCP X.

Hopefully we'll get an update soon...perhaps with a Mac Pro update...perhaps to let the Metal shine (some of you know what I mean by that last one).

Tangier

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:51:04 pm

[Tangier Clarke] "I would be so happy for Apple to build in batch syncing; more so than batch exporting, but I'd like that too."

Tangier, by "batch syncing" if you mean do a multicam sync on groups of files, FCPX can do that now. It has some limitations and is not as powerful as PluralEyes, but I have gotten 50 files to sync without error in FCPX. The main trick is ensure each camera is named using the procedure I mentioned in this thread:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/41629

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:18:23 pm

What I mean is the ability to select a whole lot of clips as you have, and FCP X spits out individual synced and/or multicam clips.

You've achieved this?

On this (https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/20553) thread I discussed this and I think there was some confusion until someone said better perhaps than I could.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:21:33 pm

Actually it was Bret Williams who perfectly understood what I meant.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:58:41 pm

Oh yeah, and I'd like to add that it'd be good for FCP X to be able to ready the metadata on poly wav files so that I can see the character names on the channels without using Wave Agent.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2016 at 9:01:41 pm

You must have something against it, but sync-n-link is very very good.

Yes, it's $199, but worth every cent.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Jan 28, 2016 at 9:18:05 pm

Not at all, but isn't it better for when you have devices timecode locked via jam0sync? That doesn't fit most of my situations. I'll take another look if it's since added new capabilities.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 28, 2016 at 9:25:17 pm

Yes, it requires jam sync tc to sync all assets.

But it will also inject metadata in to audio only sources. It's worth looking in to.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 31, 2016 at 5:46:56 am

Based on nothing but pure personal speculation, I'm not holding my breath until around NAB. It seems that since X is now seen as a fully professional NLE - and competing for the hearts and minds of editors with Premiere and AVID - it makes sense to make any upgrade news when the entire professional video world is all together and the world is watching.

Be great if I was wrong. But it makes the most sense to me.

I'm in the camp that my editing is already going really well with X right now. Solid, dependable and VERY fast. So I'd much prefer that the update, whenever we get it - focuses on solid (and hopefully, exciting!) rather than flashy but flakey. If that requires time - so be it.

YMMV.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Apr 1, 2016 at 6:31:33 pm

Here's a crazy feature request that would be amazing if possible"

Match and replace clip with synchronized version.

Sometimes I have to fix other peoples' edits (they're still learning FCP X) and they use non-synchronized clips on part of the storyline which means I don't have access easily to the better audio recorded by the separate device. It takes me a while to find the same frame in the synced clip and replace that on the timeline.

With a little XML knowhow this would seem possible with a simple right-click feature.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]