FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Sync/Slip Issue FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Davis
Audio Sync/Slip Issue FCPX
on Jan 20, 2016 at 4:04:13 pm

Hello

I am having a slight Audio Sync/slip issue as the audio never starts on the same frame so can not sync the video to it

The audio was ripped from a cd with adobe audition and exported at 4800hz 16 bit
FCPX settings: 1080/25p prores 422

Mac Pro 2008
Twin ATI 5770S (Flashed)
32gb Ram
OSX 10.10.5
FCPX 10.2.2
Adobe Audition CC 2014

Thanking you in Advance for the help

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio Sync/Slip Issue FCPX
on Jan 20, 2016 at 4:25:48 pm

[Jon Davis] "I am having a slight Audio Sync/slip issue as the audio never starts on the same frame so can not sync the video to it "

Can you please clarify this statement.

Return to posts index

Jon Davis
on Jan 20, 2016 at 4:43:06 pm

the audio starts at a different frame each time for example 00:00:00:11 i take the play head pack to the begining of the project and and its start at 00:00:00:01 then 5 frames and so on it never satrts at 00:00:00:00

the audio track is not moving in the time line

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 20, 2016 at 5:04:52 pm

I am still misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

Have you tried using the "Synchronize Clip" function in FCPX?

Return to posts index

Jon Davis
on Jan 20, 2016 at 5:29:44 pm

I have the audio on the time line but it never starts playing at the same point . there is 5 frames of dead air at the begining of the track so i should hesar the audio start at 00:00:00:05 but it never starts from there it will start at 00:00:00:01 or 00:00:00:12 for example

So this makes it impossible to sync up the clips i can create multicams and sync clips fine so its a time line issue i think

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 20, 2016 at 9:26:44 pm

Not really sure what the problem here is but if your audio and picture aren't lining up- try to manually shift the track. If that doesn't work it's quite possible however the audio was exported it simply doesn't match your video. Slight speed ups/slow downs and lots of razor edits are often required to fix this. And this is why we still have use for higher end audio gear and timecode...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Jon Davis
on Jan 20, 2016 at 10:27:52 pm

I can not Manually sync them due to the audio being unpredictable and never starting in the same I have started a new event and project double checking it all matches with out any luck the song will still start at an random frame if i skim though with the arrow key its starts right away

Im waiting on the bands audio engineer to send other a new HQ bonce of the track But i can not see this being being the issue

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 22, 2016 at 1:05:34 am

Well again- this sounds like a not syncable piece of audio that you need a better recording and/or format from the sound team. FCPX doesn't really work miracles- Audio either matches or it doesn't.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 22, 2016 at 1:41:03 am

I don't quite understand what's going on, Jon.

It seems to me that something is setup incorrectly if the audio is starting at random places every time you play it.

Can you send a screen grab of your Project?

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jan 22, 2016 at 3:27:51 pm

I think this is a timeline / display issue.

I've noticed when I'm at the beginning of a sequence and using the arrow keys or mouse to move the playhead, I will frequently hear my audio track when all visual indicators say I shouldn't. I have also found, however, that the waveform display does provide an accurate indicator of position for playback and output. I'm not sure when this started, but it seems fairly recent, and is certainly irritating.

So, if you have system audio on your video clips, you should be able to use the waveforms to see if you're lined up.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Jon Davis
on Jan 24, 2016 at 9:24:44 pm

Hello the issue seems to have shorted its self out now I was sent a new version of the Audi and match the waveforms my sight and it sync correctly thank you for all the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]