FORUMS: list search recent posts

Greenscreen and Multicam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michel Bosma
Greenscreen and Multicam
on Jan 20, 2016 at 8:37:16 am

Hey Guy's, what's the best workflow for making a multicam clip with greenscreen footage.
I have 2 camera's both are greenscreen, do I first key them out export them an reimport the keyed footage for a multicam?
Or do I just make a multicam of the original footage and then key them in the multicam clip?

I'm asking this for obvious performance issue's when using and a key and a multicam clip?

Thanks in advance & greetings
Michel

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Greenscreen and Multicam
on Jan 20, 2016 at 4:24:45 pm

When are you planning to do the final composite and what application will you be using for that?

Return to posts index

Michel Bosma
on Jan 20, 2016 at 6:22:24 pm

Hey Jeremy,

I'm doing everything in FCPx so composite and keying all in FCPx

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 20, 2016 at 6:27:45 pm

I think it would be best to do each composite in the timeline, and not the multiclip, although it's an interesting idea.

Without knowing the specifics of the composite, I would imagine that would be the most flexible way to keep the composite looking its best.

If the background remains the same for each angle, then I guess you could try and key each angle in the angle editor, but you'd have to finish the composite clip by clip in the timeline.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michel Bosma
on Jan 20, 2016 at 6:34:03 pm

That's what I thought to, I have a different background for every angle. So it would be best to key and composite them first and afterwards make a multicam of the exports. I think performance wise this would be the best option. And keeps me flexibel while switching in the multicam without forgetting to switch the background as well afterwards. If anybody knows a different way?

Thanks Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Jan 22, 2016 at 12:09:08 am

That's the workflow I've come to use. Key first, then create the multiclip, then edit. The nice thing is that if you need to re-key for any reason, you just need to replace the footage in the multiclip to update the edit.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]