FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Additional Language Audio to existing 5.1 Surround Mix

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Osterman
Adding Additional Language Audio to existing 5.1 Surround Mix
on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:39:08 pm

My current project is to process an MXF video file that I anticipate my customer will supply to me. I have a processing workflow that will decode the (customers) MXF then transcode it into a group of files that can be (Apple) segmented into separate audio/video .ts files for post processing using late-binding audio, to meet regional lingual streaming delivery requirements.

I am starting with a ProRES422HQ with 5.1/2.0 English audio. I want to add four stereo tracks that are four different languages, keeping the original audio configuration intact.

That means the original 5.1 contains 6-tracks and the accompanying 2.0 audio uses 2-tracks, for a total of 8-tracks. Now we add the 4 stereo tracks.

The FCPX output will be H.264 and be processed by Compressor to an MXF. When this 'sample' file is completed, I'll process it through the above workflow to see if the original MXF can be processed and delivered as designed.

QUESTION: How do I add the new language stereo tracks to the existing mix, which will become 16-tracks, keeping the channel configuration as planned, not combined in one stereo pair?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Adding Additional Language Audio to existing 5.1 Surround Mix
on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:48:57 am

This might help:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204261

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

J.Patrick Southern
Re: Adding Additional Language Audio to existing 5.1 Surround Mix
on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:22:19 am

If you set Subroles for the various languages, you can set them as additional tracks in a Multitrack QuickTime. When you do File>Share>Master File, you can select Roles As: Multitrack QuickTime Movie. You can then add audio tracks and configure whether they play as mono, stereo, or surround. I believe this has to be don as ProRes, H.264, or Uncompressed, but you could then run through Compressor later.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]