Updated project(s) crashes FCPX when I try to open them

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mateusz Szuter
Updated project(s) crashes FCPX when I try to open them
on Jan 12, 2016 at 9:09:54 am

Hello!

Got a little problem here.
I have a project, that was created in FCP from 7 to 9 (I'm not sure which version because I didn't create it). To be precise - I have a folder "Final Cut Projects" in which I have 35 projects.

I've run FCPX 10.2.1 and clicked file->Update projects and events, searched for my folder and everything seems to went smoothly.

I've got new library with all my projects. Well obviously some files were missing, but it shouldn't be a problem, right?

When I try to open any of these projects, my FCPX just crash.

I've tried to copy project to a new library - it simply does not copy.
I've tried to relink some files - still the same.
On the project preview (before I open it) I can see some subtitles added or the source movie.

This projects were in an event, but now I've lost the Final Cut Events folder :( is it necessary?

http://f1.creativecow.net/9645/fcpx-report-crash-after-opening-updated-proj.....
here's the link to the report.

I will be glad for any ideas and help :)
Have a nice day everyone!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Updated project(s) crashes FCPX when I try to open them
on Jan 17, 2016 at 3:39:09 am

Not sure if it's related but I have had FCP X crash when trying to import a clip that is corrupted. I know cause I will be trying to import a bunch of clips and it crashes but the crash log mentions such and such a clip is corrupted. I get rid of that one clip and then it loads fine. This has also happened with entire card folders. Its very strange that FC will crash the Mac when failing at an operation, but I've seen this a lot lately.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]