FORUMS: list search recent posts

One-frame off relink issue.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
One-frame off relink issue.
on Dec 31, 2015 at 6:39:34 pm
Last Edited By Tangier Clarke on Dec 31, 2015 at 6:40:23 pm

For several versions of FCP X, I occasionally run into an issue where I can't relink missing media to their source because the difference is off by 1 frame.

Has anyone else had this issue and any idea how to resolve it? I am lost on how there's a difference between the original import and a relink later.

Tangier

FCP X 10.2.2

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: One-frame off relink issue.
on Jan 17, 2016 at 3:34:09 am

How do you know this is preventing the relink?
How could the original clip have changed in the finder?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: One-frame off relink issue.
on Jan 17, 2016 at 6:47:12 am

I should have copy/pasted the specific notice, but the error eluded to a difference in duration as the problem. Though rare, I have seen this happen before with FCP X and it boggles my mind how it happens. All I know is that between myself and another editor, I do all of my syncing in FCP X. The other editor sometimes get's their footage from assistant editor who syncs using PluralEyes. Now that shouldn't matter, being that we're using the same reels (folders of content). So when I get the other editor's event, library, or storyline project and trying and reconnect some things this happens.

I can' point definitively that what I described is the cause of this. Though I don't know what else to go to. It's so strange that I am getting events with media references that are one frame off from me pulling the same source in using FCP X.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]