FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X 10.0.9 suddenly failing to upload to YouTube.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Blair
FCP X 10.0.9 suddenly failing to upload to YouTube.
on Dec 31, 2015 at 12:26:34 am

So I've suddenly got a problem with Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9 failing consistently in any attempt to share directly to YouTube.

Up until about a week ago, I had been having no problems with any upload. I would finish editing in the timeline, share the file, it would create the .mov file and then upload it to my YouTube channel.

About a week ago, however, I suddenly began to have a consistent error with every single upload. Now if I attempt to share directly to YouTube and turn on the Background Tasks window, I can see that at 50% the .mov file gets created as per normal. Then the percentage gets all the way to 99% before it then gives me an error message saying that the share to YouTube has failed. When I then check YouTube, there is NO indication that it has actually attempted any sort of upload at all. There is no aborted upload, nothing.

I made no changes that I am aware of in my FCP preferences or workflow. Can anyone help me figure out what I can try or change or check to get the upload process working again? Yes, I CAN upload the .mov file to YouTube directly--but that equates into changing the entire workflow timing on the channel (as I often need to be uploading overnight, which made the one step render and upload workflow work very well for my channel).

I am on a Mac, OS X 10.9.5. I don't know what other info people might need for this one. But any help would be REALLY appreciated, because since I didn't change anything, I don't know where to even attempt to fix it. (And I know it MIGHT be over on YouTube's side, even).

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP X 10.0.9 suddenly failing to upload to YouTube.
on Dec 31, 2015 at 6:45:57 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Youtube changed its api and no longer works with that version of FCPX. Update to the current version or upload via YoTube's website directly.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]