FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy - paste Project from one Library to Another

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thanos Papadopoulos
Copy - paste Project from one Library to Another
on Dec 18, 2015 at 2:37:14 pm

I had a project which I had to give it for sound mix to another computer, so I made a new library to an external disk and consolidate the media.

The sound mix ended and he gave me back the library and the project.

My library, let's call it Lib 01 with project 01 and the sound mixed library with project 02 let's call it Lib 02

Lib 01 has all the materials and not only the edited as external and Lib 02 has managed media.

I copied Lib 02 to the same disk as Lib 01 (bec I couldn't do my job with the external drive)and I did some color correction at project 02 in Lib 02 and put some titles.

Now I'm thinking to keep project 02 but copied in Lib 01, relink all the files of project 02 to the external media of Lib 02 (the sound fx files that can't be found in the external make a copy paste of them from managed to external) and then trash my Lib 02.

Firstly I would like your opinion of this workflow and
secondly (the most important thing) to help me with the problem that i deal! I can't copy the project 02 to Lib 01
I drag and drop project 02 to the event of Lib 01 and nothing happens!

Fix it in Pre.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Copy - paste Project from one Library to Another
on Dec 20, 2015 at 2:27:43 pm

I see no one has answered so I'll take a stab at this... Why go back to Lib 01? Why not just continue to use Lib 02? I always work with managed libraries and when moving between Macs I will copy my managed library to an external hard drive, move it to my other Mac and copy it back. Unless you are collaborating with other editors on the same content which is required to be on an externally shared drive, I always prefer to work with managed libraries. This way I know everything I need is in one place. It seems you have everything you need in Lib 02. Just delete Lib 01 and keep working in Lib 02.

(note: I refrained from posting originally because it didn't answer your question of how come copying the project between libraries did not work. I don't know why so I offered an alternative approach)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Dec 20, 2015 at 8:30:25 pm

Try this:

- Make sure both Library 01 and Library 02 are open in FCP X.
- Select the Project 02 in Library 02 and choose File > Copy Project to Library > Library 01

The project should get copied over to Library 01, then you can delete it from Library 02 if you wish. You also could use the Move Project command to move the Project over to Library 02 so you won't have to delete it from Library 01 anymore, but I prefer to copy first, then delete.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Thanos Papadopoulos
on Dec 21, 2015 at 10:17:34 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if this work and I'll come again with my feedback.

Fix it in Pre.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]