FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X wants my attention (El Capitan), icon, app switching driving me crazy.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
FCP X wants my attention (El Capitan), icon, app switching driving me crazy.
on Dec 9, 2015 at 6:07:17 pm

Alright folks, FCP X 10.2.2 on El Capitan is acting like a needy child. When I am doing an operation in FCP X and switch to another app such as Safari, the FCP X icon bounces incessantly, but FCP X grabs focus of the OS; meaning it kicks me out of whatever else I was doing (while waiting on FCP X to complete it's job) and puts me back to FCP X or the Finder.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Doug Suiter
Re: FCP X wants my attention (El Capitan), icon, app switching driving me crazy.
on Dec 10, 2015 at 10:24:03 am

I'm not on El Cap and can't offer a remedy, but a tip I only learned recently is that you don't have to switch to the app to stop the bouncing in the dock. If you hover over the bouncing icon with your mouse, that also stops the bouncing.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP X wants my attention (El Capitan), icon, app switching driving me crazy.
on Dec 10, 2015 at 3:04:29 pm

You can always kill bouncing entirely- http://www.macworld.com/article/1138403/dockbounce.html

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 10, 2015 at 4:48:08 pm

True. I considered that. Why does the app try to grab focus though from other apps; essentially switching you out of another app? What was the necessity that Apple felt the need for FCP X to do this? Sometimes when it's busy (such as importing an XML) I do something else. I don't need nor want it to take me out of what I am doing. I am trying to figure out some rational behind this and can't.

There must be a way to disable this feature.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 10, 2015 at 8:09:27 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Kirkland on Dec 11, 2015 at 3:55:11 am

I'm not sure Apple do feel,the need - I think this is just happening to you. I'm using El Capitan and frequently switch away from FCPX to do other things while it's working with no bouncing icon. And even when it does want my attention, it's not grabbing the focus.

Out of curiosity, did you do an upgrade or a clean install of OSX? My experience is that 90% of people with weird application or system issues did an update.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 11, 2015 at 5:08:22 am

It was an update. However this wasn't an issue with the first version of El Capitan. I'll do some more digging. I hadn't considered that this is an isolated occurrence that only I am experiencing.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]