FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace simple AV clip with multicam counterpart?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Replace simple AV clip with multicam counterpart?
on Dec 9, 2015 at 7:21:43 am

I realize this is a tall request, but would anyone have an idea how (if at all possible) to replace a clip on the timeline with it's multicam clip counterpart; being that the video is the same clip.

I have had no success finding a way to do this.

We have a mess of an edit because of combination of a Blackmagic Cinema Camera and PluralEyes syncing for FCP 7 (the sync is out of sync - drifts), then 7toX.

I have a had a lot of problems using 7toX with merged clips; audio not making it to FCP X on the timeline, missing, not playing, no waveforms, yet exists in playable form in the browser.

I attempted to do a manual sync in FCP 7 as a test with one one BMCC clip and it's non-sync audio using in points for the clapper sound. The clip was really out of sync. Yet when I sync those same clips in FCP X using audio the sync is perfect.

Soooo...

The thought is if I can replace all of the problem clips on my FCP X storyline with the multicam clips i created in FCP X (which are in sync) that'd solve the issue.

However,

You can't replace a storyline clip with the multicam clip by going 'inside' the clip on the storyline.
There's no simple way to way to find the same point in time of the starting point of the clip on the storyline to the same point on the multicamclip version.

It would be nice to have a "replace from matching frame" feature, but then it'd be nice to have a lot of missing and useful features I think we'd all agree.

I realize this is a long shot, but thought I'd put it out there for you clever heads.

The only option right now is to find the same frame and manually replace each clip.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]