FORUMS: list search recent posts

Method or tool to isolate processed clips (for sync or mutlicam)?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Method or tool to isolate processed clips (for sync or mutlicam)?
on Dec 1, 2015 at 5:30:24 pm

Has anyone come up with a clever method and/or found a tool that isolates processed clips used for synchronization or muilticams? This is a feature I find very useful in Adobe Premiere CC in keeping track of which ones I've done.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Method or tool to isolate processed clips (for sync or mutlicam)?
on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:35:11 pm

I generally do this via appending the media name with a specific text string and then adding that text string into a Smart Collection to sort them out of the general media pool.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Dec 2, 2015 at 12:46:01 am

[Tangier Clarke] "isolates processed clips used for synchronization or muilticams? "

If you enable View>Show Used Media Ranges, then double-click on the multicam clip in the timeline or CTRL-click "open in timeline" on a synchronized or compound clip in the browser, the base clips composing those will have an orange stripe.

You can also create a Smart Collection to only show Used Media. E.g, with a synchronized or compound clip opened in the timeline, then press CMD-F in Event Browser, press the + key, select "Used Media", then press the "New Library Smart Collection button" and name it.

Then anytime you double-click on a multicam clip in the timeline or CTRL-click on a synchronized or multicam clip in the browser to open in timeline, you can click on your "Used Media" smart collection to suppress all other clips in the browser except those used in those objects.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:09:18 am

That will show clips in use in a Project timeline but not specifically clips that have been synced/multicamed but not yet edited into a timeline.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:36:36 am

That's correct. That is more what I am interested in - the browser level, not the storyline level. Basically a way to not have to wonder - 'did I sync those yet'.

Two features that would be amazing that I think a company like Apple could/would create would be:

1: A way to mark clips as being able to be synced with other clips (just so there's an easy way to at least identify clips that should be synchronized or multicamed.

2: A speech recognition tech. in FCP X that can identify scene, shot/take from the audio and put that in the appropriate fields for sorting, syncing, purposes. And also identify clapper sounds and place a marker on the clip.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 2, 2015 at 8:50:36 pm

The first is a bit of a specific workflow that I'm guessing most folks wouldn't need but certainly worth asking for all the same. http://www.fcpworks.com/submitting-better-fcpx-feedback-to-apple/

Second one, good idea too not sure we're there yet with current technology. Premiere had this feature for a while but they removed it probably because the recognition accuracy was so low it was not really usable

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]