FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronized clip doesn't show audio channel choices.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Synchronized clip doesn't show audio channel choices.
on Dec 1, 2015 at 5:26:55 pm

Curious folks if I am doing something wrong here. I've synchronized one video clip with with five audio clips (separate audio tracks from the corder; not one interleaved audio file).

The inspector does not reflect being able to choose which of the five I want to use. I only have two choices in the channel configuration: the audio in the actual video clip and a connected clip which only gives me a mono choice for a1. I expected to see the five mono channels to choose from that I can enable/disable as needed.

Is this only relegated to multicam clips and/or interleaved audio files?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: Synchronized clip doesn't show audio channel choices.
on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:10:40 pm

Just for kicks I tried making a multicam of the same single video file and the 5 audio files. Still no luck getting all of the channels to show in the inspector.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 1, 2015 at 6:18:41 pm

I trashed the FCP X preferences and that seems to have given me back the choice of choosing any of the five channels in the channel configuration, but not the case for the synchronized clip with the same five connected audio clips.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 1, 2015 at 10:01:12 pm

Multicam is best for this, not synced clip.

You can also add specific Roles to each audio clip, sync them in timeline (manually) and then export a multichannel audio clip with the stems embedded on separate channels.

Reimport to FCPX, and turn the audio channels on or off.

It does seem silly that X doesn't do this for a sync'd clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]