FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dropout in FCP X timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Audio dropout in FCP X timeline
on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:42:06 pm

The audio in the timeline of this project cuts out in entirety at the same point (see arrow in pic) when I SHARE export to a DVD or QT movie file. I've tried re-starting and trashing preferences to no avail. This is a new development that just started happening today. I've exported this project many times previously without a problem. I've even re-cut in the sound effect that occurs at the same point.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio dropout in FCP X timeline
on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:32:20 pm

Try deleting the cache of the project.

Have the project selected and choose File > Delete Generated Project Files and choose "Delete Render Files" and turn off the other options.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:16:42 pm
Last Edited By Phil Snyder on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:18:10 pm

Tried it. No luck. But thanks anyway. All the audio tracks play in the timeline but not on Export.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:22:55 pm

Make a new Project and copy and paste your timeline in to it.

Try the export.

What is the source file of the sound effect, meaning, what type of file is it?

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:46:46 pm

Will try that and get back to you.

It's a chimes effect from the Apple Loops Utility.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:50:17 pm

[Phil Snyder] "It's a chimes effect from the Apple Loops Utility."

So it's a hard transient? You don't have any gates or overall processing applied that might be triggered by an "over" you can't hear - but that the math can see - do you?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:07:43 pm
Last Edited By Phil Snyder on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:08:30 pm

No, no processing. Just adjusted the level and added a fade at the tail.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 30, 2015 at 9:02:35 pm

[Phil Snyder] "Will try that and get back to you.

It's a chimes effect from the Apple Loops Utility.
"

I'd try flipping that file to a 48k aiff and see if it clears up your issue

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Dec 1, 2015 at 1:08:58 am

Jeremy wins the prize. I copied it and pasted it into a new Project and it worked like a charm in the pasted version and the Snapshot.

Thanks so much, guys!

-Phil

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:48:30 pm

Phil,

Can we assume you've zoomed in as far as possible to the audio file at that point and visually inspected it?
Also that you've checked the channel audio modes and channel assignments around it so there's nothing in conflict? I once found a tiny, tiny shread of phase inverted audio hiding in my timeline that caused it to glitch.
X prevents a lot of possible glitches, but certainly not all.

And of course, it could be as simple as a tiny bit of corrupt code that's gotten stuck somehow and keeps getting read wrong. (Or worse - read correctly, but causing a result you don't want.)

Jeremy's suggestions are designed to flush those types of things - so they are worth carefully pursuing.

Good luck and keep us up to date if you figure it out. Knowing what finally works helps everyone help the next editor in a bind.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:49:39 pm

Just a basic 48 Khz caf. file from Apple Loops. It looks fine. I just re-inmported it again and got the same result. It must something else. There's one other effect in the vicinity. I'll check that as well.

a href='https://images.creativecow.net/5943/0_screenshot2015-11-30at6.44.24pm.png'>

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
on Dec 1, 2015 at 12:06:57 am

Just checked & re-imported the Crowd effect. No change. I even checked the ac3 file made for the DVD and the audio drops out in the same spot. What is it in the Export process that's happening which isn't happening when it's just being played?
Next, I'll try copying it and pasting it into a new Project as Jeremy suggested.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 1, 2015 at 12:11:57 am

Sorry, I meant flipping ti to 48k aiff or wav, and move it out of caf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]