FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing different clips to timeline repeats same clip over and over

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Editing different clips to timeline repeats same clip over and over
on Nov 23, 2015 at 9:21:02 pm
Last Edited By Michael Angelo on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:52:05 pm

Sometimes when using keywords to isolate multiple ranges within a multicam clip then editing those ranges to the timeline, FCPX repeats the same clip over and over again.

WORKFLOW WHEN BUG IS IN PLAY

1 - Choose our SELECTS keyword from the Library list column to isolate our SELECTS ranges for all clips in an event. Then in the event viewer shift + click to select all SELECTS for a specific multicam. Whether I drag all clips to the timeline or choose E, D, W FCPX simply repeats one clip in the timeline. Same thing happens if I choose one SELECT range at a time in event viewer, drag clips one at a time to the timeline or choose E, D, W one at a time, FCPX still repeats one clip in the timeline

2 - Choose our SELECTS keyword from filter window plus multicam's keyword (say MULTICAM_X) with "include all" in order to isolate ranges within a specific Multicam. Then in the event viewer shift + click to select all SELECTS for a specific multicam. Whether I drag ll clips to the timeline or choose E, D, W all method FCPX simply repeats one clip in the timeline. Same thing happens if I choose one SELECT range at a time in event viewer, drag clips one at a time to the timeline or choose E, D, W one at a time, FCPX still repeats one clip in the timeline

CONSISTENT WORK AROUND

One way to successfully edit the SELECTS ranges to the timeline is to go to choose either the event or the MULTICAM_X keyword in the Library list column, select the multicam in the event viewer, open the triangle and select the various SELECTS keywords there then edit to the timeline. Very cumbersome.

WORK AROUND SOMETIMES WORKS

The other method that sometimes works is to create a smart collection, selct all resulting clips in event viewer then edit to timeline. This is less than ideal for us because Apple has only fixed the keyword filter window to scroll vertically and not addressed the scale horizontally so many of our keywords are cut off so building smart collections is a bit slow. Sent them many reports to simply make the filter window scalable tho very thankful for the vertical scroll in the short term.

This repeating clip to timeline issue is intermittent, sometimes quitting and relaunching fixes the behavior. I've sent feedback to Apple. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Putting it out there in case anyone has come across this bug, has a consistent work around that is still efficient. This bug makes editing simple string out incredibly painful.

Cheers

MA

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Editing different clips to timeline repeats same clip over and over
on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:46:36 pm

Submit to Apple- http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Michael Angelo
Re: Editing different clips to timeline repeats same clip over and over
on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:48:03 pm
Last Edited By Michael Angelo on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:51:38 pm

Per my post:

"I've sent feedback to Apple. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Putting it out there in case anyone has come across this bug, has a consistent work around that is still efficient. This bug makes editing simple string out incredibly painful."

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]