Hi all, I had this problem before on FCPX 10.1.4. I hope upgrading could solve, but no.
I can start FCPX and after the splash screen there are about 3 secs standby and then beach ball starts to spin, so I have to force quit.
The problem is related to my user account as with another user works perfectly.
Things I tried:
- trashing prefs;
- trashing all files possibly related to FCPX;
- deleting current user keeping its home folder, then creating new one and make it use the old folder;
- deleting 10.2 and reinstalling 10.1.4;
- deleting 10.1.4 using FPS Remover;
- reinstalling OsX El Capitan on the existing installation;
- deleting libraries from Movie folder;
- deleting Motion Templates from the Movie folder;
- deleting Compressor and Motion;
I would clone my system to another drive. Wipe the drive clean. Do a fresh install or OS and then apps. Then instead of putting the ole user account back into the new install wholesale, drag the stuff you need into the right locations such as documents and so forth. For mail and and other library stuff its an easy google search to find out the files and where they are stored and drag them into the new set up. Its a bit of a pain but you'll have a clean system.
Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.