FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync multiple audio sources with video into multitrack quicktimes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Fya
Sync multiple audio sources with video into multitrack quicktimes
on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:52:55 am

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to sync footage from a movie. Of course I know about pluraleyes, it syncs, yes, but the ouput files it provides are not really in an useful form.

What i mean is the synced timeline it outputs is useless: you cannot favorite and keyword footage in fcpx from this.

The other output is an event with replaced and synced audio. The problem with this is double.
1. It does not trims audio to video length. There are plenty of clips that begin or end with black frames. Thumbnails are therefore useless and it is a pain to search for the best parts in a clip.
2. When you shot a full movie with multiple audio tracks (one boom and lavs for example), you cannot generate anything useful to edit in fcpx. Indeed, pluraleyes cannot output multitrack quicktimes.

Multitrack quicktimes (i.e. Each video file has all corresponding audio tracks embedded) would be ideal to ingest in fcpx for favoriting, keywording and then editing.

Therefore here is my question: do you know any automated (or at least semi automated) way to sync video and multiple audio into multitrack quicktimes?

thank you!

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Sync multiple audio sources with video into multitrack quicktimes
on Nov 13, 2015 at 6:40:30 am

you can do this with either sync-n-link or a multicam clip:

Return to posts index

Ron Fya
on Nov 20, 2015 at 9:03:16 pm

thank you
I will give it a try

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Nov 13, 2015 at 6:08:02 pm

Your picture clips have scratch audio on each? If so, why not just make them a multicam clip... That's like plural eyes, but all done in FCP X.

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]