FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy/Pasting an edited multicam sequence into a different project creates individual clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Blanton
Copy/Pasting an edited multicam sequence into a different project creates individual clips?
on Nov 10, 2015 at 6:09:51 pm

Hey, folks!

So, here's my situation: In one project (same library) I have a multicam sequence I've already cut from start to finish.

I'm taking excerpts of said sequence and making smaller videos out of it, so I figured I could just set in & out points in the timeline, copy, and paste the selections into my new projects.

When I do that, something odd happens: Pasting the selection breaks apart my sequence, so that each cut in the previous project pastes in as a completely individual clip– rather than staying linked together as an edited multicam.

Note that the clips themselves are still multicams (I can drag them out to make them longer, and otherwise manipulate them the way you normally can) but I can't get them to stay linked together when they paste in.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Copy/Pasting an edited multicam sequence into a different project creates individual clips?
on Nov 11, 2015 at 1:10:17 am

If I understand you correctly, I'm guessing that it's just losing the match frame reference (dotted separator vs solid line separator) between clips. Probably just a quirk or bug. Doesn't change any functionality except you can't delete the edit point and would have to roll it out with t tool.

Return to posts index

Aaron Blanton
Re: Copy/Pasting an edited multicam sequence into a different project creates individual clips?
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:31:29 pm

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Good to know it's a bug, and thanks for the workaround!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:34:59 pm

If you match frame a few clips, do they all match back to the same clip in the event, or do they create new multicam clips?

Return to posts index

Aaron Blanton
on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:38:58 pm

Yeah, they all match back to the same clip in the event. Looks like the problem's isolated to the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]