FORUMS: list search recent posts

Browser infomation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Browser infomation
on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:04:37 pm

Hello all,

Is there any way if finding out which project in the browser is the most recently modified as opposed to on what date it was created.

I have about 30 projects and three of them have got a bit muddled with the naming(me maybe being sloppy or revising the wrong version).

How can I tell which is the most recent of the three I worked on because I am revisiting a "Library" that i have not worked on for three months.

Cant see a column view option.

Any thoughts appreciated thanks

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Browser infomation
on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:38:57 pm

[James Ewart] "Cant see a column view option.

Any thoughts appreciated thanks"

There isn't one unfortunately. Hit the feedback link, I have. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
on Nov 4, 2015 at 7:02:38 pm

[James Ewart] "s there any way if finding out which project in the browser is the most recently modified as opposed to on what date it was created.
"

In Finder if you right click on the library and select "show package contents", then drill down to the projects, does the Finder modified date reflect the last modified date?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 4, 2015 at 9:58:53 pm

Generally speaking I have found with media files in the finder that the latest Mac Os's are inconsistent when it comes to date modified. Sometimes I get done making changes to a library but it will not be listed as latest library in finder; but if you look inside it, as you suggest, you should see the latest mod of each component. But I'm always a little uncertain, and showing content of library is way more time consuming and confusing than just checking the library list. Sometimes I want to check to make sure I updated on my media drive and not my back up drive. To have to dig into two libraries is a pain.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Kripá Pizzorno
on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:49:48 am

James, not sure if this will help, but if you toggle from List View in the Browser to Thumbnail View, a date & time stamp is shown under the project icon. As far as I can tell, the date/time the project was last opened will be shown. (So this doesn't help if you are opening the various projects, looking for the most recent edit, as then FCPX will show each one as having today's date.) Hope that makes sense, and I apologize if I missed the point of your question.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 6, 2015 at 9:03:26 am
Last Edited By James Ewart on Nov 6, 2015 at 9:07:27 am

Thanks Kripá and all for the feedback. I had not noticed the date and time in Thumbnail view (I never use if for looking at projects, especially since we lost the ability to skim through them. Why was that incidentally?)

Is that information definitely "last modified"? It looks like it is.

If so that helps a lot and information which should be available in list view as well as browser view.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]