FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Export in El Capitan

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Batch Export in El Capitan
on Nov 4, 2015 at 12:59:27 pm

I'm in El Capitan.

So I'm doing a "batch export" (I know I know it's not really a "batch" batch) insomuch as I have selected a default export option and a bunch of projects.

However (and I don't think this was the behaviour in Yosemite) the actual file names do not show up in the background tasks window - just the file format selected.

i'm sure in the past I would check the background window in case I was needlessly exporting duplicate projects by mistake and then simply delete one of them.

Am I mistaken?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Batch Export in El Capitan
on Nov 4, 2015 at 1:01:56 pm

You are mistaken. It was always (stupidly) this way.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 4, 2015 at 1:35:57 pm

Thanks Bret.

Memory playing tricks with me.

First comment about El Capitan is exporting seems much slower out of FCPX to me. I have not done a scientific test. I measure it on the personal boredom tedium scale.

I know I should be getting on with other stuff.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:02:32 pm

so How did you set up your batch for export?
I tried this the other day with 5 projects that all needed to be exported and I could only select one project at a time and then share to a destination.
Did you drag project files into compressor or something like that?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:17:19 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Nov 4, 2015 at 4:38:12 pm

I got it from Ripple Training and it's not quite real batch export but doesn't take any more time.

Yes very annoyingly you cannot select a whole bunch of projects and export them with one set of commands.

But you can set one export options as default in preferences and then just Command E all the projects one at a time. Once you have selected a destination for the first export the others all follow to the same place.

So it is quite fast.

NB

The problem with this system I have found is if you want to then batch export again in a different format and change the default export in settings it screws up the previous batch export.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 6, 2015 at 12:44:21 am

Yep. After the first one, it's just cmd E, enter enter. Cmd E, enter enter. However I have done some 40+ exports where it's a pain. But for 5 or so not a problem.

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Nov 9, 2015 at 10:18:27 pm

note you can set up scripts to automate this like with automator, keyboard maestro, or something like FCPXporter

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Nov 6, 2015 at 4:08:35 pm

[James Ewart] "First comment about El Capitan is exporting seems much slower out of FCPX to me. I have not done a scientific test. I measure it on the personal boredom tedium scale.
"

I've noticed this also. On Sunday afternoons, I am exporting a 1:58;00 mp4. What used to take 35 minutes, now takes over an hour!

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]