FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X and Blackmagic Ultra Studio Express dropped frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Swarbrick
FCP X and Blackmagic Ultra Studio Express dropped frames
on Oct 27, 2015 at 11:21:41 am

Hi Everyone,

New to this site, but thought it worth while to join up. I am an experienced editor in Manchester, England and use both FCP X and DaVinci Resolve 12.

I was wondering if anyone else had dropped frames issues with FCP X 10.2.2 and BlackMagic Ultra Studio Express. I am awaiting feedback from BM UK, but thought I would throw my hat into the ring. I have the latest Desktop Video and am running 10.10.5 on the Mac. However when AV Output is selected to throw out the signal to a grading monitor (HD SDI or HDMI) both source and record drops frames immediately! Making it pretty impossible to edit. I have done the obvious such as proxy, better performance, APP NAP off. No difference. I am editing in Pro Rez 422 and HQ. It is a powerful mac and so this makes little sense (running a Mac Pro Guiness Can, 8 Core D500 3072 MB, 32 GB 1866 DDR3). Needless to say once you by-pass the Ultra Studio Express, FCP X works fine. Also DaVinci Resolve 12 works perfectly too, no issue. There appears to be some bug or buffering issue with FCP X where it cannot handle the run up to speed and the output of the video signal.

Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew Swarbrick (BA Hons Film & Photography)
Off-line and On-line Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]