FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gh4 workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zimema Mhone
Gh4 workflow
on Oct 22, 2015 at 8:47:56 pm

Hi,

I have just collected a bunch of footage documenting the Finnish summer and I would like to get some advice as to how to start 'processing' the footage.

The goal is to create a travel montage, which includes a lot of speed ramping, positioning and stabilization. The focus of the piece will be the interaction between the images, effects and sound. They are all equal in importance.

I intend on pursuing a workflow as such: select and stabilize clips/ sequences/ events in After Effects, then pre-comp and apply Twixtor as needed, pan & scan/ resize/ crop to 1080p or not, export as prores 444, import to FCPx, put it all together as a fluent series of events and rework effects as needed.

Can somoene let me know if I am heading for woes or if I am on the right track. What else should I consider?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Gh4 workflow
on Oct 22, 2015 at 10:11:06 pm

Why bring AFX into the mix? FCPX can do those tasks and save you generation loss and time.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 23, 2015 at 12:22:56 am

I was thinking the same thing. More flexible and in real time for the most part.

Return to posts index

Zimema Mhone
on Oct 23, 2015 at 2:26:00 pm

Thanks Noah.

I intend of using curves quite a bit for movement. But I think your are right, the generation loss is not really worth the little bit of extra 'flair' I could apply in AFX. Keep it simple and the audience will thank you for it, I guess...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 23, 2015 at 3:56:59 pm

Choose key clips for AE later or prior.

I do it all the time with my GH4 and RED Scarlet.

Now thats usually post stuff.

I have never liked any of the Optical Flow options in any NLE.

Love AE Timewap ;)

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 23, 2015 at 6:16:22 pm

[Eric Santiago] "I have never liked any of the Optical Flow options in any NLE."

Why not? The one in X is the same as Motion and Premiere is the same as AE. They seem pretty flawless for the most part.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 27, 2015 at 12:56:30 pm

My beef is specific.

Using GoPro footage shot at 29.97 leaves anomalies everywhere specially snow footy.

Works great with my Scarlet at HFR but thats just cheating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]