FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cant Select Location for Import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Parker
Cant Select Location for Import
on Oct 20, 2015 at 6:58:59 pm

Hello,

I've created a new Library and a new Event in that library. When I try and import footage into that new Event, the option to "leave files in place" is greyed out and I only have an option to import into a different Library's media folder. Of course, this has never happened before so I have no idea, after restarts and trying to track it down, why this would possibly be.

Thanks for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Cant Select Location for Import
on Oct 20, 2015 at 8:20:02 pm

It means fcpx wants to rewrap your footage to .mov. What's the format of your footage?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 20, 2015 at 8:31:49 pm

Probably it's from a media type that requires transcoding and can't be left untouched.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
on Oct 20, 2015 at 9:24:45 pm

It's XAVC-I. I understand that FCPX needs to rewrap the footage, but what I don't understand is why I am can't select a different destination for the media.

Usually, when I'm not Leaving Files in Place I can navigate to where I want them to go, but it's only giving me the option to import the files into a different Library than the one I want the footage to reside in.

I have no idea why this is happening now, but it's certainly frustrating. I have media from different projects whoops Libraries (thanks Apple, for that) mixed up in different places now.

Anyhoo thanks for the comments if I come up with some solution I'll post it here.

Scott

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 20, 2015 at 10:04:16 pm

The destination is chosen in the Library prefs.

Or, you could simply drag and drop the MXF files in to FCPX and leave the files where they are.

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
on Oct 22, 2015 at 1:49:26 pm

YES Jeremy Garchow!

Precisely where my ignorance lay thanks for that info!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]