FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import DSLR Footage into FCP X as HD1080i 24 FPS

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Import DSLR Footage into FCP X as HD1080i 24 FPS
on Oct 19, 2015 at 4:11:47 pm

Hi,

I have DSLR footage that was given to me on an External Hard-drive that was shot with a Canon camera.

Is it possible, to import those clips into FCPX as HD1080i 24 FPS instead of ProRes?

If so, How?

Thanks,

FCP 10.2.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Import DSLR Footage into FCP X as HD1080i 24 FPS
on Oct 19, 2015 at 5:39:56 pm

What was it shot as?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Oct 19, 2015 at 7:58:53 pm

[Adam Berch] "I have DSLR footage that was given to me on an External Hard-drive that was shot with a Canon camera.

Is it possible, to import those clips into FCPX as HD1080i 24 FPS instead of ProRes?"

In FCPX preferences, look at the Import tab, and make sure "Create Optimized Media" is unchecked. This way, it will simply re-wrap the H264 DSLR footage. The footage will then appear in FCPX with the settings that were in use on-camera when the footage was shot (frame size / interlaced or progressive / framerate).

I assume H264 for DSLR... haven't seen any other encoding for those cameras. At 24fps, you should have progressive footage.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 19, 2015 at 9:49:34 pm

Don't have it optimize on import and they'll come in as h264 or whatever format they were originally (possibly avchd). There is no such thing as 24i so you can't make them 1080i 24FPS. If they were shot 24p then just drop them in an interlaced sequence to have interlaced pull down added. But they'll still look progressive. If you really wanted to jump through hoops you can use optical flow and some exporting importing to create the missing fields out of thin air. But you don't want to do this. http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1731-creating-interlaced-video-fr...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]