FORUMS: list search recent posts

My FCP X project disappeared !

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Idan Chekroun
My FCP X project disappeared !
on Oct 17, 2015 at 10:13:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new video in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 from my external drive, it was 4 days of hard work. I closed final cut and restarted it a few minutes later and now I don't see my project anymore.. It just disappeared. I ejected my external drive, restarted my mac and checked if it resolved something but nothing...

In my library (named IDC Shavua Ekereut.fcpbundle), when I click right "Show Package Contents", I can see my event folder (named 10-14-15), and also the project folder (named IDC Orientation Week 15-16) :

But in Final Cut, no project folder... I see only the footages videos (there are 699 of them) but it shows me the files as if I had not worked on them... :

How can I get my project back please help me !!
Thanksss

Idan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: My FCP X project disappeared !
on Oct 19, 2015 at 3:05:12 am

Why not work with version 10.2.2 like the rest of the known universe?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Idan Chekroun
on Oct 19, 2015 at 11:28:51 am

Why asking that kind of questions when someone needs help ?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 19, 2015 at 5:41:11 pm

Um because usually when someone has a more than year old version there's something else up about their system...

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Jane Kailey
on Aug 13, 2016 at 6:22:52 pm

10.2.2 requires an OS upgrade.

Return to posts index

Mike Fitzsimmons
on Oct 19, 2015 at 1:14:17 pm

I'd try poking around in another event or library. Sometimes you can start a project only to realize you began in the wrong event. Worse comes to worse, try opening from the backups.

BTW - I'm still in 10.1.4 as well. We often stay a version behind to avoid bug issues and need to wait to update our Xsan to a newer OS, but too difficult (read: risky) to do during the production season. Looking forward to update.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 21, 2015 at 1:02:00 am

the projects are stored in the events. if the wrong event was highlighted when you created the project then it would be in that event.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Aug 14, 2016 at 7:12:47 am

The Finder path indicates that you are looking in the correct event, unless you have multiple versions of this project. But this got me thinking:

I closed final cut and restarted it a few minutes later...

That's something one usually does after a crash or a problem. If you have restarted because of a problem: delete your FCP X preferences and see if this brings back you project.

If this doesn't help, just open your latest Library Backup and you should be good.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]