FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Generator - Pink Checkers in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruaridh Maclean
Motion Generator - Pink Checkers in FCPX
on Oct 15, 2015 at 9:27:27 am

I'm having issues with using a custom generator I made in FCPX. Basically...

I make and save the generator on computer A that has both Motion 5 and FCPX installed. The saved generator works perfectly on fcpx on computer A.

However I need to put the generator on FCPX on computer B, that doesn't have motion installed (It's a work computer, so I can't just install Motion)... When I copy over the entire project folder from within Motion Templates on Computer A to computer B's Motion Templates folder, the generator replaces all the images with pink checkers. The thumbnail shows correctly, and all the media is in the folder.

The only thing I can think of is because I don't have Motion 5 on computer B, but the animation and text appears fine, and the images appear in the thumbnail.

Apologies if this is confusing, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ruaridh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Motion Generator - Pink Checkers in FCPX
on Oct 15, 2015 at 3:22:51 pm

Is it the same version of FCP X? Perhaps the generator was created with the newer version of Motion? While X doesn't need Motion to utilize the generator, it has Motion engine built in and perhaps if that's based on an older version than you have at home it might give you trouble.

Return to posts index

Ruaridh Maclean
on Oct 16, 2015 at 9:47:59 am

Motion is up to date, and the computer that the generator works on is actually 2 updates behind, but still works... I tried making some titles, and they seem to transfer over just fine and everything works. It just seems to be generators that won't load properly on another computer.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 16, 2015 at 6:34:00 pm

Try right clicking on the generator in FCP X and choosing "Open in Motion." Are the assets showing as missing there? If so, relink them. I'm guessing somehow the generator was using an absolute file path instead of a relative one. Like if you placed the necessary items in the folder instead of letting Motion move them on a save.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]