FORUMS: list search recent posts

iDraw is now Autodesk Graphic

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
iDraw is now Autodesk Graphic
on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:01:08 pm
Last Edited By Bret Williams on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:01:26 pm

My iDraw app just updated to an app called Graphic. Looks like iDraw has been sucked up and updated to 3.0 and renamed "graphic." So new the website still is a mixture of iDraw and Graphic and lots of text that says "Lorem ipsum..."

Full featured versions for iPhone and iPad too. I'd given up on iDraw in favor of Affinity Designer. It's nice that instead of renting Illustrator every month I can buy a different app every month! /adobedig

http://graphic.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: iDraw is now Autodesk Graphic
on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:01:53 pm

Looks like they're feverishly updating all the pages now. I guess the app store update came quicker than they expected!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:08:40 pm

The more interesting story to me is how the acquisition went down and whether iDraw is still being developed by the same team @ Indeeo. If you check out their Facebook and twitter pages you can see where they disappeared from FB around January and Twitter around May.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:21:52 pm

Perhaps they just licensed it for a time. If they just wanted the app but not the whole company that would make sense I suppose.

Return to posts index

Alasdair Macleod
on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:42:03 pm

hI guys, I too was a bit taken aback when iDraw suddenly morphed into Graphic, being curious i tried to visit their website, which Norton says is a known malicious site! I took fright and deleted Graphic and restored iDraw from backup. Any body know anything more?
All the best,
Alasdair Macleod
Edinburgh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 8, 2015 at 6:54:53 pm

I think Norton is wrong. People use Norton on a Mac?

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Oct 8, 2015 at 7:42:42 pm

I didn't use iDraw a lot, but it was a great vector drawing program for its price. As someone who started on MacPaint, then MacDraw, the MacDraft and then Mini-Cad, iDraw was very intuitive, powerful and cheap. Now it will probably get bloated up in features and in price, as has happened many times.

Too bad.
Claude Lyneis

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 8, 2015 at 11:56:11 pm

Affinity was likely going to put them out of business anyway.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Oct 9, 2015 at 12:28:18 am

I looked at the Affinity promo and it looks more like Photoshop, whereas iDraw is more a tool for drawing and very basic cad layouts.

Is Affinity a good alternative to Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 9, 2015 at 12:55:21 am

There are two apps. Affinity designer, which is akin to Illustrator but also with a lot of PS type stuff built in, and Affinity Photo which is like PS, but with quite a lot of vector tools as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]