FORUMS: list search recent posts

Work flow for doc using smart collections keyword etc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Work flow for doc using smart collections keyword etc
on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:59:18 am

I am putting together a short documentary for a hall of fame event. I have an existing library with 10 events which represent different seasons and game footage. A new event contains a new set of interviews just done. At the library level there is a smart collection folder and these pick out clips or photos or music from all of the events in the library. My plan is to use the interview event to contain the document project and interview clips. However, I will need clips from the other events as broll and cutaways. I could just stuff them into the interview project timeline, but I assume that I should be doing initial organization with key words and smart collections. A smart collection in an event, only looks at data in that event.
Should I generate a library level smart collection to identify the clips of interest from all events?
Complicated? Well it probably reflects a lack of understanding of the how the database is constructed. Thanks Claude Lyneis

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Work flow for doc using smart collections keyword etc
on Oct 8, 2015 at 4:09:34 pm

Smart collections are better for automatically organizing clips with specific characteristics than making selects. Selects are what keywords and favoriting ranges are designed for.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP eXchange - FCPX Workshops

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]