FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can final cut pro do this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monica Lee
Can final cut pro do this?
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:11:44 pm

I found this video couple of days ago and the person who created said she did the animation in the video without after effect.
can final cut pro really do this?
does anyone knows how to do it?
i googled myself but can't find any.
please help me I really need to know how to do it.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Can final cut pro do this?
on Oct 7, 2015 at 5:17:28 pm

Well the movement could certainly be done with key framing in FCP X, although Motion would be a much better choice. But I'd assume the images were drawn with PS or AI. Unless they were all just iStock clip art.

mBehaviour plugin from MotionVFX can help create some fun movements, but some would be too custom. https://www.motionvfx.com/mplugs-86.html

Return to posts index

Monica Lee
on Oct 7, 2015 at 7:46:53 pm

this helps a lot
I really appreciate it!!!!
but somehow their web site not working properly can't purchase any
Thanks anyway!!!! you the best!!! XD

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 7, 2015 at 8:58:29 pm

Have you ever done this stuff? If not be prepared to set aside a lot of time! Even if you have done this stuff actually.

Return to posts index

Monica Lee
on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:53:36 am

nooo.
but at least I got a great tip from you today.
I will try my best!
thank you again

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:57:09 pm

Apple Motion certainly make this easier. When you create articulated objects, like a puppet character, I suggest you do that in photoshop or a similar app, save the individual parts each on their own layer, and export the stack as a layered Photoshop file. Blinking eyes are easy as lining up two layers, open and closed, then changing the opacity of the higher layer. You can even automate eyes to blink randomly.

Apple Motion will ask you to import this with the layers intact, and saves it as a Group in 2-d or 3-d space. You can keyframe simple overall XYZ position and scaling changes to the group, while opening-up the group layers and keyframe-animating single features like an arm, or an eye blink. Motion has stuff like the spinning gears and conveyor belts already built and ready to drag and drop.

Think of Apple Motion and it's layers and groups as Photoshop, only with motion video.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 10, 2015 at 2:10:51 pm

You're actually asking the wrong question imho. Because FCP could (technically) do this, sure, but... can you? Simply using a certain software package obviously doesn't just magically give you the ability to do clean keyframe animation. It's generally a tricky and tedious process that needs a lot of practice to do well. As far as that's concerned I'm pretty sure pretty much any NLE could do it for that matter. Some better, some worse.

And even though FCP would theoretically allow you to make this, I highly doubt it actually was. At least not exclusively. One telling sign is that there are eases on some of the scaling. Something (believe it or not) FCP doesn't even offer. But either way I wouldn't want to do something like that in FCP anyway. It would be a huge PITA, which is the reason for MOTION. Pretty much like you wouldn't want to do this in PPro, because you have After Effects. And yes, Motion is the package you'll want to use in conjunction with FCP. But unless you're experienced with MoGraph work (e.g. with AE), which something tells me you aren't so much, then you'll want/need to get basic training for it as well. For example from Ripple Training.

On a side note: the audio in that video could use a lot of work...

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]