FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Project XML and clips relating to that Project File to send to DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Elder
Exporting Project XML and clips relating to that Project File to send to DaVinci Resolve
on Oct 5, 2015 at 2:52:07 am

I have a massive project with over 1.5TB of footage, I don't want to send my colorist all of that footage, I want to send him the clips relating to the main project file that I am working on which is 30 minute long TV pilot. I currently have the Events broken up by scenes for the pilot, so the footage isn't contained to one event folder. What I would like to see happen is to export my XML and all the clips pertaining to my project file to give to my colorist, is there an easy way to do this??

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Elder
producer
http://www.elderpictures.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Exporting Project XML and clips relating to that Project File to send to DaVinci Resolve
on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:18:18 pm

There's a few ways.

Make a new Library, and set a media destination in the Library settings.

Select your Project and choose File > Copy Project to Library > the new library you just made. You will get a waring about moving optimized and proxy media. You can do that if you'd like.

After that's done, close your old library, and keep the new library open. Choose the Project, and then choose File > Consolidate Project Files. Uncheck Proxy files, and leave optimized checked if you want, if you don't uncheck it.

The new files will copy to the destination you provided in the first step.

--

The other way to do this is to buy Automatic Duck media copy. It will take an XML and copy all the media to a specified destination: http://www.redgiant.com/products/automatic-duck-media-copy/

--

Yet another way it use Resolve to transcode new movies with handles which will trim your existing media down considerably. IT gets weird with non video formats, though, with stills/etc.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]