FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keeping effects consistent between systems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Markgraf
Keeping effects consistent between systems
on Oct 4, 2015 at 2:56:48 am

I'm working on a piece both at home and at the client's office. Media lives on a drive that I'm shuttling back and forth. So does the library.

So I have some effects, like Alex 4D Adjustment layer, on both my main MacPro system and my MacBook Pro laptop system. The library opens fine on both systems, and all the media links just fine. But the adjustment layer that I apply on the desktop system shows up as offline when I open the project on the laptop. Conversely, an adjustment layer applied on the laptop is online when I open the project on the desktop system. I have to copy the parameters, replace the adjustment layer with the adjustment layer on whichever machine I'm currently on, and paste the attributes.

Why wouldn't the effect be the same on both systems? The built-in effects carry across just fine. So does the free Simple 3D effect. But not the Adjustment Layer.

Inquiring minds want to know. It's not a huge thing, but kind of a pain in the butt to have to keep replacing the effect when I change locations.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Keeping effects consistent between systems
on Oct 4, 2015 at 4:47:26 pm

They do come across just fine, as long as you have them installed in the same place on both systems. You might have a folder called free effects on one system while on another system you placed them in a folder called Alex3D. Or something like that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]