FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render to location other than library?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Render to location other than library?
on Oct 2, 2015 at 10:34:29 pm

I have a coworker with a library that's just shy of 4TB big on a 4TB drive. Unnecessary media has already been dumped, but that still doesn't leave enough room for rendering the edit.

Is there any way anyone has found a means to render to another location other than the library? Moving to a larger hard drive isn't an option right now due to time constraints.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Render to location other than library?
on Oct 2, 2015 at 11:24:07 pm

If you change the library and cache settings FCPX will start using the new location for import and rendering, etc from then on but everything prior to the change will stay on the old location unless you choose to consolidate it.

I think that's what you're trying to achieve.

Hope that makes sense - haven't had my morning coffee yet.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Oct 2, 2015 at 11:35:16 pm

That's exactly what I am trying to achieve. That's what I thought should happen. I only changed media location drop down menu.

I did a test by adding a clip in the browser to a current storyline and then putting a filter on it - forcing it to render. There was nothing in Finder inside the new media location of the that I created after the render was complete.

This leads me to believe then, that according to what you suggest, render files would only show up if I had changed the cache location.

I'll have to give it a try.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 4, 2015 at 4:54:15 pm

[Tangier Clarke] "I only changed media location drop down menu."

Change the cache location. Render files aren't media. They're cache.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:46:21 am

If the media drive is almost full, wouldn't you want to consolidate media off that drive? Seems to me if you set a new location for render files, they should show up there after a render.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]