FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Playback Issue and Smart Collection Gone Missing?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Parker
Project Playback Issue and Smart Collection Gone Missing?
on Oct 2, 2015 at 9:34:38 pm
Last Edited By Scott Parker on Oct 2, 2015 at 9:53:13 pm

Hello,

Working on 10.2.2 and having a couple of (more) issues.

1 Have a problem with a project not playing back properly. As I am working on it, it will hang on a clip unrelated to where the position indicator is or what clip I am working on. BUT when it stops running it always shows me the frame that is the thumbnail image for the project's icon in the project's event. When I click on the project's icon, I can work on the project again.

2. Anybody know where the smart collections are stored? My smart collection has disappeared after trashing prefs and such to try and solve the above issue. Shouldn't they be located inside the backup Libraries? But mine aren't. No kidding that's the case.

Gads, what a hassle.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
Re: Project Playback Issue and Smart Collection Gone Missing?
on Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09:48 pm

Just in case any of you other sods are experiencing the above issues:

I think my Library might be too big. I'm working on a series of short films with a lot of footage shared among shoot days and individual films. My Library has about 4,000 clips and about 20 Projects.

I've read elsewhere on this terrific forum that FCPX might have a clip limit in a Library of around 3,000 clips? But then others have projects much bigger than that with no issues.

So as per a great article by Larry Jordan (link below) I'm creating some different Libraries and paring down the main project.

Props to Larry Jordan for all his help and this article:
https://larryjordan.com/articles/fcp-x-divide-large-libraries/

Return to posts index

Scott Parker
Re: Project Playback Issue and Smart Collection Gone Missing?
on Oct 4, 2015 at 4:32:45 pm
Last Edited By Scott Parker on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:25:04 pm

As per the Larry Jordan link above, I've pared down my library. All issues resolved now, such as:

Timeline unable to play without hanging and showing the Project's thumbnail in the viewer window.

Unable to use track selection (All, Video only, Audio only)

Adding Audio only would add video and audio to an audio "track" (or whatever the hell these things are supposed to be called now)

Smart Library never did show up again, so I must have deleted it somehow when trashing prefs and a few other cleanup items.

Oh, and all my Markers are gone in a whole bunch of interviews too. How nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]