FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Placeholder & Audio Placeholder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Custom Placeholder & Audio Placeholder
on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:23:52 pm

2 Questions:

1) How can I make a 2 second custom placeholder? When I drag it out from the Solid Backgrounds bin it's always 10 seconds and I have to change the duration to 2 seconds. Is there a way to make one that is 2 seconds long so I can just use that one when I need it instead of having to change duration all of the time?

2) Is there an audio placeholder? When I drag my Solid Background from the bin onto the timeline I have to move it downward towards the audio until it buts up against it. I would like to just be able to add it to the timeline next to the audio clip.

Power Mac
FCP 10.2.1

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Custom Placeholder & Audio Placeholder
on Sep 27, 2015 at 5:26:32 pm

Once you've made one, just option drag it to another location.

No audio placeholders. Why do you need a video and/or audio placeholder? Why not use option W?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Custom Placeholder & Audio Placeholder
on Sep 27, 2015 at 7:23:04 pm

1) Do an insert or overwrite, or connect edit from the generator browser. Mark in and out in your Project with a 2 second range and hit q, w, or, d.

1b) Or, simply hit q, select the 10 second generator, hit control-d and type 2, period. That will change the duration to 2 seconds quickly.

1c) I don't know if your custom placeholder is a motion template, but you can change the duration of the template so that it is 2 seconds. If you are using Apple supplied ones, you can open a copy of those in Motion.

2) If it's a video generator, see above, otherwise, not sure what an audio placeholder is. If the audio is in a secondary storyline, you can select the shelf and add a video generator to it., otherwise X is going to treat it as a video clip and put it above the primary if you choose to connect it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved