Yesterday I went through a whole breakdown trying to get Resolve and FCPX to cooperate and today I have a new game. This one is all FCPX.
I've a got a library that is huge in file size.
- I have no render files, All Clear
- I have no Proxy media, All Clear
- I have no Optimized Media, All Clear
- I have no media of any kind saved to the Library
- Preferences are set to leave in place
- Optimized and Proxy creation are both UNchecked (And even if I had that the storgae locations are assigned to a server. Nothing is stored in the library)
Yet my Library was over 4 Gigs. I have discovered that several of the .fcpevent files, the project data itself, are over 20 Mb, some even up to 400Mb. There is even some instances of a snapshot and its unaltered identical source having wildly different file sizes.
I went through and have been finding old projects I don't need and trashing them. I'm down to 3 Gigs now.
And to be clear, I am literally going through every clip in every project just in case something might have been stored in the library and nothing is. ALL media is external. All of it.
Any ideas as to how this is happening and/or how to fix it?