FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ultra-wide and curved monitors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Ultra-wide and curved monitors
on Sep 21, 2015 at 11:13:50 pm

Just curious if anyone has used these ultrawide and/or curved monitors on the market with FCP X
and what has been your experience?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Ultra-wide and curved monitors
on Sep 21, 2015 at 11:22:50 pm

I have an LG Ultrawide (not curved) It's awesome with X, and anything else really.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Sep 22, 2015 at 12:05:37 am

How do you handle displaying events on one monitor and views on the other? Does the monitor have a feature where it can mimic a dual monitor setup in a way the FCP X can recognize?

Tangier

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Sep 22, 2015 at 1:41:51 am

[Tangier Clarke] "Does the monitor have a feature where it can mimic a dual monitor setup in a way the FCP X can recognize?"

Not really sure about that. I use it with an iMac and stick Events on the main monitor, and timeline on the wide monitor. I use the event viewer, or I'll just move it all back to a single window on the wide monitor if I want everything all in front of me...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Sep 26, 2015 at 5:39:12 pm

I use the 34" ultra wide in conjunction with the DC 4K (also from LG). It works beautifully to set the viewer on the 4k with the timeline and event browser on the main. Before this setup I had the ultra wide with a 23" Pro Cinema (silver matte one) and I'd keep the events on the 23" which worked really well. One piece of advice though, get the curved ultra wide. Clients love to nerd out on it when they come in for sessions :-)

NickZimmerman.net

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Sep 26, 2015 at 6:00:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I really want to know that how it is working with only one ultrawide monitor. Is the role estate large enough. You can't take advantage of using the viewers or browsers on a second monitor so does your monitor have something like a virtual dual screen mode that FCP X can recognize?

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]