FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Spinning Wheels and increasing slowness on Mac Pro that use to run just fine

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Baker
FCPX Spinning Wheels and increasing slowness on Mac Pro that use to run just fine
on Sep 21, 2015 at 6:49:01 pm

I have a mid 2010 Mac Pro with Raid that has served very well and allowed for mostly speedy FCPX editing until the past few months. All software and OS X are up to date. But I keeping getting extended periods of spinning wheels even doing simple edit tasks on HD (Optimized clips) material without any effects added. The other weirdness is when I go to share the file in Export, the spinning wheel will appear when I try to change or append the Save As export file name (I waited almost 3 minutes on my last attempt which is why I'm posting).
I've tried:
Reboot into Safe Mode
Use Disk Utility to perform a permissions fix on boot drive
Reset SMC

On the FCPX side I've tested creating new Libraries to see if file size was the issue, but no improvement.

No Luck. Any help getting this poor old mac back into a FCPX worthy state would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Jeff Baker
Three Geese Productions

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX Spinning Wheels and increasing slowness on Mac Pro that use to run just fine
on Sep 21, 2015 at 8:06:54 pm

Hard to say with such a machine. But network connectivity and hard drive free space plus general system cleaning would be places to look. For example does it still happen with a brand new user account. etc.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: FCPX Spinning Wheels and increasing slowness on Mac Pro that use to run just fine
on Sep 21, 2015 at 8:46:12 pm

I've had this happen a few times on my 2013 Mac Pro - maybe a couple of times a year. Can't offer much in the way of a solution though as when the time I'm losing thanks to the beach ball hits critical mass, I take the elephant gun approach and do a clean install.

I'll be all ears if you do figure out something specific though.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]