FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving a FCP7 pluralized timeline to a FCPX multicam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Greene
Moving a FCP7 pluralized timeline to a FCPX multicam
on Sep 18, 2015 at 5:28:56 pm

I have an old FCP7 project with LOTS of multi camera interviews. Back then I used pluralize to sync everything up then I exported each track to get matching codecs for the multicam. It worked great for our workflow.

Today I need to access most of that footage in FCPX and I don't want to resync everything AND I don't want to use the exports. I am looking for a simple, quick, non manual way to export the synced timeline and convert it to a FCPX multicam.

So far I have exported an XML of my 7 timeline, converted it with 7toX, and imported it into X. But it comes in as a project not a multicam. I then have to manually (don't like this part) copy each "track" to a separate angle in a Multicam. Not cool. Any ideas that would make this quick? I have 20+ of these to do.

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Moving a FCP7 pluralized timeline to a FCPX multicam
on Sep 18, 2015 at 8:40:38 pm

Why not just open it in 7? Not going to be a one-click solution.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
Re: Moving a FCP7 pluralized timeline to a FCPX multicam
on Sep 18, 2015 at 9:31:34 pm

We are cutting a number of new videos out of these interviews. I have no desire to work in 7. :)

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.9 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]