FORUMS: list search recent posts

The 66 percent solution to BluRay shares?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
The 66 percent solution to BluRay shares?
on Sep 16, 2015 at 4:36:22 pm

I hear from another COW member that this is happening to others; if you have a fix, or details, or also experience this issue, please post it here.

I have a high def 2k resolution program (around 2 gigs in size, no larger) in prores on the timeline that is at or under two hours long. All I need is to dub this timeline to DVD and BluRay for archival reasons.

The BluRay has to be playable in a consumer player, so cheating by storing programs as data is not allowed.

For these dubs I use the SHARE function and sharing to DVD always works, no issues... but every G.D. time I try to do the same thing for a (single layer) Blu Ray, the progress bar stalls at around the 66 to 68 percent mark, apparently, where the system is making the hand-off to the "Burn Disk" app.

Before I begin these attempts, I clear out several terabytes of room so I think I have ruled out a lack of work space for building the files... but I don't rule anything out.

This has happened to 4 different timelines with the same stats, but I WAS successful on a fifth, no explanation.

I have tried rendering the BD time to a file, then using Disk Utility to burn. This worked on an earlier project that was much shorter, but when trying it on the 2-hour timeline, it hangs while rendering out the file, just as if I was targeting the Blu Ray burner driver. About at 66 to 68 percent. And it takes hours to get there.

Work is piling up, files are piling up, I GOTTA get this stuff processed and off my AV drives soon, so, please, any suggestions are warmly welcomed!

Return to posts index

Emily Chichi
Re: The 66 percent solution to BluRay shares?
on Sep 16, 2015 at 9:45:29 pm

are you using the latest version? you should be on fcpx 10.2.2 and/or compressor 4.2.1
does it work if you copy the project to a new library, and try from there?
maybe this will help? https://support.apple.com/HT203726

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 17, 2015 at 12:59:46 am

Will try it in the morning. A test share of a five-minute-long segment completed BD burn without incident. So I'm thinking it is the 2-hour length that could be a factor. But the single layer disk has more than enough capacity. it is a puzzle. I'll read up on your link tonight and test it tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:19:09 pm

I don't think the linked thread held any answer for me. I have managed to get two good full-length burns in a row this morning, so perhaps it is a transient phenomenon. I'm going to double-check for system and app updates and then try doing some more burns.

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Mar 31, 2016 at 5:11:19 pm

I have been having a similar problem, but with standard definition timelines and exporting to a .img file (share to DVD function). I noticed in Activity Monitor that every time the share would hang at 66% a process called DSPPublishing Server was not responding. Manually terminating this process seemed to kick the Create DVD application into action. I'm not sure what's causing it to crash so frequently, but at least in my case that process is the culprit. I hope this helps others.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Mar 31, 2016 at 8:05:26 pm

I use Toast for one-offs and still have Adobe Encore CS6 in my old Mac.

I love authoring pop-ups so its always a fun ride in Encore :)

I have successfully burned out of FCPX but nothing longer than a 5 min clip.

I cant trust it if you doing shorts to feature length.

Return to posts index

David Burch
on Mar 31, 2016 at 8:25:58 pm

Unfortunately Encore is not an option for us, but we do still use DVD Studio Pro for DVDs that need more than just a simple menu. I use the share to DVD feature all the time for things like window burns and projects that don't need a full menu, but I always make a disc image first so that I can easily re-burn the disc later if needed. Almost everything I do is feature-lenght (2+ hours), so the duration isn't really the problem. There's something screwy going on with the handoff from FCP to Create Disc that is causing the service DSPPublishing to crash.

Return to posts index

Brian Richardson
on Aug 25, 2016 at 1:01:12 pm

After five days of pulling my hair out, that was it!! THANK YOU!!!!!! :) :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]