FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X has created cross-dissolves on EVERY clip!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Worgan
Final Cut Pro X has created cross-dissolves on EVERY clip!
on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:38:09 am

Hi there,

I hope you can help. I've just opened a project that I've recently been cutting and every single clip has mysteriously acquired cross-dissolves at the beginning and end. Also, everything on the secondary storyline is now a compound clip, which has really messed with my edit.

Earlier sequences are unaffected, it's just the most recent sequence.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm going through deleting transitions, but with all the new compound clips, clips and these random cross-dissolves have become stuck together, making it tricky to get it back to how it was before. I'm working on a different machine - library backups are all on the hard drive of the laptop I was working on... argh!

Could really do with a magic undo button right now... Thank you in advance for any advice (and or tip-offs leading to the discovery of a magic undo button)

Return to posts index

s regian
Re: Final Cut Pro X has created cross-dissolves on EVERY clip!
on Sep 16, 2015 at 7:57:55 pm

Emma,

Somehow you probably applied cross dissolves to the entire sequence by having all the clips in the sequence selected and then hitting the command+t keys or by dragging the dissolve transition on the middle of a clip while all clips were selected.

My method of clearing them all would be to open the timeline index and search "cross" then select all in the resulting search and then delete.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 16, 2015 at 9:32:24 pm

Kinda stinks you can't use a reverse marquee or a marquee with modifier key to select transitions instead of clips.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:27:27 pm

I don't know, maybe... but the Timeline Index search and delete is a great (and fast) alternative. ;^)

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:53:01 pm

It's great. But I certainly can select multiple clips or transitions more quickly in the timeline where I have a visual representation. What I'm really looking for here too is the G tool we used to have. Where for example you can select 10 layers end point and drag them all out. Every time I have to do this layer by layer it drives me nuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]