FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Dot of Death!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Horn
Green Dot of Death!!
on Sep 14, 2015 at 11:58:18 pm
Last Edited By Daniel Horn on Sep 15, 2015 at 12:00:53 am

Hey guys, through a rough turn of events I'm stuck with what normally would be a pretty simple video fix.

So my sensor on my 550D got pretty fried from filming clubs and laser shows so I am stuck with a green dot that shows up in any dark shot. I was planning to key it out or use a matte and put another copy of it shifted a couple pixels over to fix it but wouldn't you know it, The nVidia card on my computer seems to have given out and at the moment it is totally useless. So I'm stuck with an exported preview of the video

This is a problem because when I used the stabilization function on a few clips it caused the green dot to bounce around, making my masking idea irrelevant. I would just turn off stabilization in the clips and do it there if I could but for the time being it's not an option. I've exported a section of it so you guys can see what I'm saying a little better.

If anyone knows a solid way I could fix this I would be beyond grateful. I'd like to get this video wrapped up for the client ASAP. So I'd appreciate any possible solutions you guys can come up with!

The Green dot of death :(

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Green Dot of Death!!
on Sep 15, 2015 at 12:35:42 am

You should still be able to take the clips you stabilized, and open them in the timeline, duplicate a layer over itself and crop out just one pixel from an adjoining pixel and move it over the other clip. Do that for the moving shots. Then, compound the whole video and do the same thing for the whole video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]