FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delete 1 track of a Dual Mono Audio and Double up on the other one

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Delete 1 track of a Dual Mono Audio and Double up on the other one
on Sep 14, 2015 at 8:04:52 pm

Hi,

I want to delete 1 track of Audio from a clip but leave the other one.

I Have a video. I detached the audio, made it Dual Mono, and went to Expand Audio Components. If I wanted to completely delete Track 2 from it and double up on Track one, How would I go about it?

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: Delete 1 track of a Dual Mono Audio and Double up on the other one
on Sep 14, 2015 at 8:54:27 pm
Last Edited By Jari Innanen on Sep 14, 2015 at 9:07:25 pm

No need to detach audio. Just go to Inspector, select Audio, make it dual mono and deselect the track you don't need.
And now I see you have a few posts so I recommend to get some basic training like Ripple Training.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 14, 2015 at 9:11:06 pm

Yep. Stop detaching audio. You're just asking for trouble. Just turn off tracks in the audio inspector as well as adjust pan, mono, etc. you could also show audio components (Cmd+opt s I think) and use the range tool to delete/adjust parts of a clip as well as add fade handles to the remaining bits.

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Sep 15, 2015 at 12:20:13 am

Thanks a lot. I will do that from now on.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 15, 2015 at 8:15:54 pm

As for doubling up on the one clip, is this to increase the volume? Just add a gain effect if the 12db increase isn't enough. You can also right click and "open in timeline" where you'll see the audio and video separately and you can actually increase that clip 12db there as well. Although I don't generally recommend messing around in there too often because there isn't any sort of notification anywhere that you've played with the source. Whereas if you just add the gain effect, it's visible (and copyable) right there in the inspector.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]