FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Audio Question.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Dual Audio Question.
on Sep 14, 2015 at 5:52:02 pm

An audio question:

1) The audio and the video were synced in Pluraleyes. The audio was H4N Audio. In this audio File there were 2 tracks: Channel 2) Background or Ambient Noise. Channel 1) The clear audio of the people, the priest, and the Bride & Groom Speaking. This is the audio I want to use for most to it. I wanted to split the Audio track in Dual Mono so I could take out Track one (Ambient) and Double up on Track 2 (The clear Audio).

I went to Clip -- Detach Audio. Then I went to my Inspector and pressed Dual Mono so both tracks were showing in my Inspector. I wanted to see them in the timeline as Dual tracks, but It did not work. I even went to "Open in Timeline." It still did not work.

So I unchecked the Ambient track in the Inspector. It was not loud enough so I copied and pasted the same track 3 more times to get it to the level I wanted. (It peaks between -12 and -6db.

It sounds good but why did it not open in Dual on the timeline?

Here are 2 Pictures to show you.

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: Dual Audio Question.
on Sep 14, 2015 at 9:04:53 pm
Last Edited By Jari Innanen on Sep 14, 2015 at 9:10:15 pm

First of all you can synchronize video and audio in FCP X as well. There is no need to detach audio to manipulate different channels. Select the clip either in the browser or in the timeline and go to Inspector and select the Audio tab. There in the Channel configuration you can make them separate by choosing dual mono and also disable the track you don't need. You can also increase the volume in the inspector. And get some basic training.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]