FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.2.2 playback issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
10.2.2 playback issue
on Sep 8, 2015 at 9:17:42 pm

Unless I'm losing my mind, in list view I used to be able to highlight the clip, then press space bar to play. Now, in 10.2.2 I highlight a clip and press spacebar. Nothing happens. I have to actually click in the filmstrip area above the list or press L instead.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: 10.2.2 playback issue
on Sep 8, 2015 at 10:08:42 pm

Such a shame to see a perfectly good mind go to waste. ;P

Dunno, it's working.... sort of... here. Can't say I've a yardstick by which to judge, as I rarely did exactly what you're saying. But when I select a clip, hit spacebar, it plays.... after an almost :02 delay! Sad. However, if I scrub/mouse over the clip & hit spacebar, it plays instantly. Happy. (This is my usual method in List view.)

In thumbnail mode, using the next edit command, which in the Browser jumps to the beginning of the next clip, and hit spacebar, the clip plays instantly. Huh. Seems like this should be the same "performance functionality" as List view. That is, there's not a preceding "scrub" to buffer video for RT playback.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Sep 8, 2015 at 10:27:15 pm

Mine seems to be working ok, but with a 1 second delay.

I think the last update was more of a setup for El Capitan. Things seemed to be pretty speedy on my home system which is running the beta.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 9, 2015 at 4:28:15 pm

If I highlight a favorite in list view I can press spacebar to play it. If I highlight the full clip itself, I have to either use JKL or click in the filmstrip then press spacebar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]