FORUMS: list search recent posts

SSTP-SQ into FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sanders
SSTP-SQ into FCP X
on Sep 5, 2015 at 4:53:22 pm

Hi All.

I did some shooting on my F55 in SSTP-SQ the other day.

We ran it through Catalyst Browse to convert it into pro-res and into FCP X, but I was wondering if there's more a streamlined workflow.

Can't seem to find any plug-in on the Sony site.

Thanks

Michael

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SSTP-SQ into FCP X
on Sep 5, 2015 at 6:55:59 pm

Load the codec and drag in the MXF files and away you go.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/srpm-10

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Sep 6, 2015 at 9:10:54 am

Thanks Jeremy. My mistake was I loaded the CODEC but I was trying to load the files directly from the card. Dragging the MXFs in worked perfectly.

Cheers.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 6, 2015 at 9:15:39 am

It's the same with XDcam or XAVC files from the F series Sony cameras. For whatever reason, Apple took over the Sony import plugin, and by doing so, the plugin is tied in to the install of FCPX. When using the import window, FCXP tries to wrap everything to ProRes (which is really annoying since MXF is supported so nicely in FCPX now). Instead, dragging the clips from the Finder allows to read the MXF files directly without having to rewrap to .mov, which just wastes a lot of disk space. I find performance in X with all flavors of Sony codecs to be really great, and no difference than ProRes.

I have found a way to remove the Sony import plugin without any damage to X (and can always be replaced if needed). This allows direct import (and leave in place options) for Sony MXF media though the FCPX import window.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]