FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compound clips listed at interlaced in Inspector

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Alk
Compound clips listed at interlaced in Inspector
on Sep 4, 2015 at 6:04:00 pm

I am shooting in 23.976P on a Canon C100, and making compound clips with the video/audio from the camera and poly-track audio from an external recorder (SD 744t) which I've synced in Plural Eyes. The recorder is set to 24bit, 48kHz, 23.97 fps (its version of saying 23.976). When I import my clips, either from the C100 or a Ninja Blade, they are listed as 23.98p. But when I create the compound clips, they are listed in the Inspector as 23.98i, although if I open the clips in the timeline, the video within is still listed as 23.98P.

Any idea why this may be, or if it is something I should be concerned about? I don't think anything is being converted, but why is FCPX saying these compound clips are interlaced? It happens with clips which I sync using the "synchronize clips" function within fcpx as well, and going back I see that it was also happening with an Edirol R44 I used before this recorder. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Compound clips listed at interlaced in Inspector
on Sep 4, 2015 at 11:01:27 pm

Possibly a small bug but doesn't sound like it's affecting anything important- send feedback to Apple.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Jesse Alk
Re: Compound clips listed at interlaced in Inspector
on Sep 5, 2015 at 12:53:01 pm

OK, thanks. That was my take on it too, but I'm dealing with drift between my recorder and camera, and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong in creating my compound clips before I started troubleshooting the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]